Monday, November 2, 2015

Project Runway Finale, Part 1 - Season 14 Dunzo!

Of course they would let Edmond back in.  Of course.  Because they led him on with auditions for thirteen years and finally let him on.  And then even though he's not good enough to win, they still let him go to NYFW.  I'll admit that I do want to see his line, but after seeing the hints shown in Part 1 of the finale, I see that I was right - he just doesn't have what it takes.  I love you, Edmond, and you're a great designer, but winning Project Runway is just not your destiny.

Candace is totally failing me.  I have no idea where her rocking hourglass shaped dresses went.  I really don't like her red and black line, and even though she's slightly improving the looks making the red into black, I think she just got lost en route to designing the biggest show of her life.  I really like what she's designing with wood, though.  She and Kelly should have worked with the 3D printer thing.

Kelly's runway show is going to be so hideous it just might work.  Does anyone want to wear wood-grain fabric?  Especially when it's skin tight and paired with a fanny pack?  Does Kelly even understand what a runway show's supposed to look like?  I always knew that if she made it to the end, she'd be 50-50 for hideous or so-hideous-it-works clothes.  The jury's still out on this one.  Did I mention that I like the shoes she's got going?  They're on the edge of stripper and utilitarian, and they kinda work.

Speaking of accessories...Ashley Nell Tipton.  I ADORE her inspiration.  I really felt like she was on the right track.  Fifties Mexico City inspires girly looks with a lot of detail, and she totally nailed it with some of the things she's doing with sequins.  The floral headpieces are pretty good for what they are, but she went a little too girly - floral headpieces just aren't a great thing.  Period.  And if you're going to do a plus sized show, make your clothing fit the ladies!  I think she'll pull it together for NYFW, but it was a really bad idea to put a model in an ill-fitting garment to show the judges.  I loved how that purple dress just worked for her model, making her legs look super sexy.

It's between Kelly and Ashley...finale coming up this Thursday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment