Saturday, May 30, 2015

DOUBLE Review: Arnie Doughnut and Boy on the Porch

I looooove Sharon Creech.  If you haven't read Walk Two Moons yet, you HAVE to.  It is so good.  But since I've already read that, I just finished The Boy on the Porch by the same author.  This is the kind of country story I like (sorry, Hank the Cowdog).  The story is from the point of view of a couple who lives on a farm and one day find a boy asleep on their porch.  The story is very subtle and an excellent example of brevity.  I didn't love this book as much as Walk Two Moons, probably because there wasn't a romance element, but it was still very good.  2 for content, FIVE for brevity.  Seven Poppies out of ten.


Loved Arnie the Doughnut.  There are kid jokes and grownup jokes and a mystery, too! The one I read was Arnie the Doughnut: Bowling Alley Bandit by Laurie Keller.  Quick read, super fun - 3 for content, 3 for brevity.  Six Poppies for Arnie!
This is a time when my love for the book really showed in the organizer:


No comments:

Post a Comment